HIPAA Plans from Sedona Benefits
HIPAA plans can keep you covered when coverage through an employer-sponsored plan ends. Coverage is guaranteed under HIPAA plans for anyone who qualifies.
To qualify for a HIPAA plan, you must:
- have completed a minimum of 18 months of continuous health coverage, most recently under an employer-sponsored group health plan
- have elected and exhausted continuation of coverage under COBRA or Cal-COBRA, if available
- have lost coverage within the last 63 days, for reasons other than fraud or non-payment of premiums, and not be eligible for Medi-Cal or Medicare, or have any other medical coverage.
To enroll, you must be a permanent legal resident of California and one of the following;
- the applicant's spouse or qualified Domestic Partner who is not Medicare eligible;
- the applicant’s children (under 19 years of age), or the children (under 19 years of age) of the enrolling applicant’s spouse or qualified Domestic Partner
- the applicant’s unmarried dependent child between the ages of 19 and 23 ("dependent" as defined by the Internal Revenue Service).
What are your HIPAA plan choices?
- HIPAA Basic PPO 1000 - Featuring a $1,000 annual deductible for inpatient or surgical procedures only
- HIPAA PPO Share 1500 - Featuring a $1,500 annual deductible
- HIPAA PPO Share 2500 - Featuring a $2,500 annual deductible
- HIPAA PPO Share 5000 - Featuring a $5,000 annual deductible