VISION Insurance Plans offered by Sedona Benfits
A comprehensive, inexpensive vision plan can play an integral role in managing the overall health and well-being of your employees. Many companies want to offer their employees a comprehensive health benefits package while still keeping an eye on their budget. Offering vision benefits is an important way to help your company’s overall health and wellness, and it’s even more valuable when you consider the following:
· A comprehensive benefits package that includes vision coverage can help you attract and retain employees.
· Even a minor vision problem can cause irritability, headaches, and body aches that can result in lost workdays and reduced productivity.
· Having regular eye examinations and wearing corrective eyewear can greatly decrease the risk of more serious, long-term eye diseases (and can even detect other health conditions) increasing productivity and performance.
In addition, the U.S.Secretary of Health and Human Services emphasizes that “Blindness and visual impairment from most eye diseases and disorders can be reduced with early detection and treatment”. A Special Report by the National Eye Institute and Prevent Blindness America shows us that:
· More than 65 percent of today’s workforce wears eyeglasses or contact lenses. That’s approximately147 million people nationwide.
· More than 28 million Americans over age 40 have eye ailments that put them at risk for vision loss and blindness.
· More than 150 million Americans use corrective eyewear to compensate for refractive errors.
And, with an ever-increasing number of workers developing eyestrain, blurred vision, and headaches due to using a computer, regular visits to an eye care provider are more important than ever.